A Study on Racial Profiling
When preparing for your college-level racial profiling essay, there are several important steps to take that will ensure that your written argument is both well-crafted and well-rounded. This article will discuss some easy tips for writing a compelling racial profiling essay. Use these tips when writing your essay and you’ll be well on your way to an effective and well-written racial profiling essay.
- Begin by collecting enough information and facts to support your arguments. Don’t forget to research the opposing arguments. Also, before you get too deep into writing your racial profiling essay, try to assess your argument and decide whether or not you’re sure that you’ll be able to effectively gather enough data to support it. It can be hard to gather enough information to support a particular argument when you have very little knowledge of the topic at hand. However, it’s well worth the effort because you’ll be much better prepared when writing your racial profiling essay.
- Write your essay in chronological order. In other words, don’t just throw out a bunch of ideas to fill in the blanks in your racial profiling essay the moment you start writing. It will seem like you’re rushing through your argument rather than carefully considering all of the details. You might even get carried away with all of your ideas and begin putting them into your argument. Write down the ideas you have before you begin writing in chronological order so that you won’t be tempted to rush through them.
- Think of your race and ethnicity as people, not as groups. This is the most fundamental point of any type of racial profiling essay. The more people that you think about as individuals, the easier it will be to think about what they have to say about race issues. If you’ve never thought about your ethnicity and race separately before, this might seem obvious. However, if you’ve been forced to read your fair share of racial profiling essays that use the categories of black, Latino, or Asian American as iffy substitutes for actual individuals, you might not appreciate that it’s as simple as this.
- Use the ethnic background of your people to explain their views on race issues. This also goes without saying. If you use ethnic background, it will be easier for you to connect your written argument to your individual views. By doing so, you’ll be able to express your personal opinion clearly while showing your readers the personal views of those individuals you’re trying to convince about race issues.
- Make use of examples. One of the best ways to illustrate your points is through examples. Try to use a variety of examples and situations so that you make it easier for yourself to show how your idea applies to real-life situations. Make your racial profiling essay easy to read and understand, but also hard to argue with.
- Consider the demographics of your demographic profile. Take the time to research the demographics of your demographic group and see how similar your group of people might look in the eyes of the police.
- Write a summary before you go into detail. While you’re writing your racial profiling essay, write a summary of your ideas so that you can catch any mistakes and make sure that you’re thorough enough in your outline.
- Think of the big picture. While the focus of most essays is to draw out details about an event, you might also want to think of the bigger picture. Give a brief overview of what’s happening right now, how the incident might affect the future of your community, and what the ramifications of the incident could mean for the people affected.
- Make sure that you’re clear in what you’re talking about. While you’re writing, make sure that you’re focused on the issues in the essay and not on each idea.
- Stay away from technicalities. If you have trouble understanding a concept or idea, it’s always better to be less detailed than to be too technical. In your racial profiling essay, you should try to make the reader understand the points that you are trying to make without spending too much time on detail.